Rough timeline- Trail design and construction:
This is an estimated timeline pending weather, land acquisition and other possible items that may delay the Trail completion.
- January 31, 2013: Fundraising for 50% design plans and estimated permitting cost-Berger ABAM Engineering. We are happy to report we have received donations from neighbors and we now need only $69,500 more.
- June 1, 2013: Funding process begins for the remaining approximately 5.5 miles of Evergreen Highway trail construction.
- July 31, 2013: Design and permitting fee proposals reviewed and narrowed down.
- October 13, 2013: Design phase with funding – approximately nine months.
- May 31, 2014: Funding process complete (possible LID). Jaime Howsley has been retained to work with City to complete this task.
- August 31, 2014: City contractors bid complete.
- September 1, 2014: Construction of start of trail
- December 31, 2015: Trail completion
Ellsworth Trail to the Weber Arboretum:
Enhancement Grant: Federal dollars - $925K
- Approximately one half mile to three quarters of a mile is anticipated to be completed
- Assuming there are few delays, i.e. right away issues, this portion should be completed in approximately eighteen months.
- The City has put out an RFP for basic preliminary engineering and for environmental analysis and support.
Evergreen Highway Trail remaining areas:
- At this time, 177th to 192nd may be difficult to complete.